In the area where I live there is a FabLab that provides me the possibility to use their laser cutters for a modest fee. I've already been there to test the equipment.
To create a case I started with an online tool called Makercase. It's an easy to use tool that, once you've entered the parameters on length, width, thickness etc, provides you with an svg-file. The svg-file can be opened and changed in Inkscape, a free vector drawing program. Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw are fine too but they are expensive and proprietary programs. Inkscape has a learning curve so I have spend the better part of the week to get acquainted with the program. I nevertheless made good progress and hopefully I'll be able to have the case ready this week.
|Image of the by Makecase generated svg-file. I choose the T-slot design and a thickness 1/4". This is half the thickness that I used for the earlier version of the Darth Vader voice changer.|